Offer your testing services to large community of experimenters
The Fed4FIRE federation of testbeds continuously evolves as new testbeds emerge with novel functionalities. Therefore, Fed4FIRE is continuously looking for new testbeds with new functionalities to join the federation. Each testbed has the choice to be included following one of the following federation options:
- Associated: the testbed is listed on the website, with links to contact information and documentation. This option does not require technical integration.
- Light: access to the testbed’s resources is realized by exposing a Web-based API. This option does not allow full control over the individual testbed resources, but ensures unified access to experimenters.
- Advanced: the testbed is fully integrated in the federation so that experimenters can interact with their experiment during all stages of the experiment’s life cycle (resource selection, instantiation, control, monitoring, etc.). This option requires the implementation of the Federation AM API (Aggregate Manager Application Programming Interface) on top of your testbed.
Some testbeds might be included under advanced federation for usage of general resources, while specific features, such as proprietary services, are exposed through light federation.
How to become part of our federation?
(1) Contact us to help you decide on the level of federation and to support you with your developments
(2) Decide on which level you want your testbed to be federated
- If you want your testbed to be Associated with the federation, skip to step (5)
- If you want to include your testbed through Light federation, skip to step (4)
- If you want to include your testbed through Advanced federation, go to step (3)
(3) Implement the Federation AM API on top of your testbed
- see documentation
(4) Support Fed4FIRE credentials in a client-based SSL API
(5) Contact us with the following information:
- An url to the documentation of your testbed
- An url to the Terms and Conditions to use your testbed
- A tutorial for basic usage of your testbed
- An e-mail address to contact your testbed manager
- Provide a short description of your testbed to be included in our portfolio
The Fed4FIRE team will then update the FLS dashboard, write and execute nightly monitoring tests and support experimentation on your testbed through at least one client tool and identification authority.